Re: [News] Mandriva Buys Company

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Friday 06 October 2006 22:00 \__

> Oliver Wong wrote:
>
> < snip >
>
>>> Give me a break. How do you come to the conclusion that Roys post was a
>>> personal attack? Getting rather thin-skinned, are you?
>>
>>     Roy's was the "vacuous accusation", specifically the accusation that
>> Hadron (and others? Roy used a plural pronoun) is being paid to post on
>> the newsgroup.
>>

> Well, if he is *not* being paid for writing this inane drivel, he also has
> to be called an extremely stupid nimwit.
> Nobody with half his marbles would post such crap without being paid very
> generously
>
> So, he is either paid for this bullshit (and could be considered a POS, but
> at least not totally dumb), or he is a terminally stupid widiot

Microsoft is still very keen on astroturfing. I saw the following yesterday.

Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers in India !!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
| for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
| the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
| in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
| supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
`----

http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/microsoft-traps-and-hunts-for-bloggers.html

I invite you to say Wikipedia's take on this 'business strategy'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing