Re: The trouble with OpenSource is ..

  • Subject: Re: The trouble with OpenSource is ..
  • From: Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:40:04 +1000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hadron Quark wrote:

> Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> NoStop wrote:
>>
>>> Anytime I hear some asshole bitching about what's missing in an open
>>> source app, I have NO sympathy. Either pitch in and help it happen or
>>> just fuck off and go back to Windoze and paying others to do the work
>>> and hope that what they come up with isn't driven by profits over
>>> quality.
>>
>> [Sounds of cheering from all happy linux users]
>>
>> You are too right! Fish, cut bait or shut up!
>>
>> I like it.
>>
>> It must be the proprietary mindset that everything MUST be done for
>> you.... If you like software and you use it then contribute to making it
>> better.... Because under open source you can...
>
> Wow, a new Roy Level nutter.

Perhaps you could refrain from calling me names. It doesn't reflect well
upon your character.

> You do realise that 99.9% of Linux users *now* wouldn't have a clue how
> to program in C or C++ dont you?

Can't you follow a thread? The "noob" was complaining about the lack of
documentation, not about the software.

> Asking nOObs to modify the code is a recipe for disaster.

Bullshit... they can modify any code they like. This is linux. That's how
you learn. Who cares if they make mistakes? Not even them if they play in
their own little user sandbox... building fun toys or modifying others...

--
Regards,

Gregory.
"Ding-a-ding-dang,My Dang-a-long ling-long"