[News] Mainstream Press Embraces Open Source Journalism

Ready for open source journalism?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Internet sites of most newspapers have become part of their
| editorial strategy. Just look at leading papers such as the New York
| Times, the FT, the Wall Street Journal... Their business models is not
| always very clear to me (you can access articles and archive by
| subscription, pay for the particular article you are looking for,
| articles may be free up to a week after their initial publication...)
| but newspapers cannot live without the Web anymore.
`----

http://www.365questions.org/2006/10/03/ready-for-open-source-journalism/

Similar to software subscription/licensing/proprietary model. It's akin to
attempting to charge the customer for something that's easily obtainable for
free elsewhere.