Re: [News] Novell Buffs Up Offensive on SCO, Microsoft

  • Subject: Re: [News] Novell Buffs Up Offensive on SCO, Microsoft
  • From: George Ellison <notamisfit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 21:48:21 -0500
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:BAE8tE01codZdjzi6LS/AT7oYE4=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> More Novell Filings too
>
>> | For the foregoing reasons, Novell respectfully requests that this Court
>> | grant partial summary judgment as to Novell's Sixth, Seventh, Eighth,
>> | and Ninth Claims for Relief and impose a constructive trust on the monies
>> | SCO received and improperly retained from the 2003 Sun and Microsoft
>> | Agreements. If summary judgment is denied, Novell requests in the
>> | alternative that this Court issue a preliminary injunction requiring
>> | an accounting and establishing a constructive trust.
>

> This is bigger than you think.   By capturing the rights that SCO
> claimed, Novell now owns Microsoft and Sun -- who believed that their
> software was based on Unix so much they were willing to buy 'licenses'
> to protect those rights.
>
> Now, not only does it appear that Novell actually owns those rights --
> but they can now revalue the licenses to any price they wish...since
> SCO sold them illegally.  And Microsoft and Sun will have to pay --
> because they already admitted they needed those licenses to stay in
> busness.
>
> Har Har Har!!!

Somehow I doubt it. Although Novell has denied it ever gave SCO the right to
terminate a Unix license, it hasn't contested SCO's ability to enter into them.
It just wants its contractually guaranteed 95 percent cut.

--
Grelb's Reminder:
	Eighty percent of all people consider themselves to be above