Re: Hey Erik: THAT FIREFOX SECURITY HOLE IS A HOAX

__/ [ z ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 00:42 \__

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>
>>> ToorCon ("Firefox security is a mess") sponsored by Microsoft
>>>
>>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/70873/index.html
>>
>> ToorCon wasn't sponsored by Microsoft.  Just the "Saturday Night Party",
>> from 9:30PM until 3:OOAM.
>

> Microsoft was a "Platinum Sponsor" -- the highest level of sponsor:
> http://www.toorcon.org/2006/sponsors.html

Microsoft sponsor many thinks it should _NOT_ be sponsoring. It's a smiling
crocodile. Plain and simple.

Look. Microsoft, the very same company that refuses to comply with the EU and
make its servers talk to others or be accessible to others, sponsors a
conference on interoperability.

http://www.techxworld.com/registration/index.cfm?fuseaction=dynamic&v=0&p=5069&code=digg

And speaking of "interoperability", Microsoft corrupts the key terms.

Microsoft Announces Cross-Platform Ad Strategy
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
,----[ Snippet ]
| ...will allow marketers to reach customers across Microsoft's many
| platforms, including MSN, the XBox, Microsoft Live, Office Online,
| Windows Mobile, and Microsoft TV.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/indie/060926/293_id.html?.v=2

It also sponsors PHP.

        PHP, Windows: Not an Oxymoron?

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Microsoft is a sponsor of the php|works conference, Stagner noted
| for the record that Microsoft did not pay for him to speak and he wasn't
| lost and knows that the conference isn't TechED.

And Open Source/Linux.

        LinuxChix Brazil Meeting - Webcast, teachers and sponsors

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxchix.org.br/?q=node/72