Re: [News] Microsoft Dares to Appel EU Antitrust Ruling

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Tuesday 03 October 2006 23:59 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <4oflplFegna2U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> I wonder what would happen if the E.U. were to say, "We've had
>> enough.  You can sell Vista here, but before you sell even a single
>> copy, you show us that it complies".  I reckon the boot would be on
>> the other foot, and we'd see how amazingly quickly MS can do these
>> things.....
>
> Maybe that's what MS wants. Sorry, we can't release vista due to
> the intransigence of the EU.
>
> They could hold up vista until it is a credible release candidate. :-)

This has been mentioned before. They have been looking for a scapegoat for a
while. They hit the jackpot by not only getting an excuse for that
inevitable delay (motivated by immaturity and technical problems), but also
assassinating the character of Kroes /et al/ (Commission). Wait and see...
there were discussions about this months ago when the first few Brits (sock
puppets) began to blame the EU for keeping Vista away...

This only become clearer a few weeks later. The involvement of the US
government, the in-house lobbying, the Microsoft-commissioned 'study' and
Ballmer's phonecall (a threat) to Kroes put the pieces of that puzzle
together. I ought to bunch those links together as evidence. *grin*

FWIW, that same corrupt government was also 'batting' for Apple. They came
under attack for DRM that stifles competition (other devices, online shops,
albeit not /necessarily/ O/Ses and applications).