Re: A new release

Roy Schestowitz :
> __/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 03 October 2006 15:16 \__
>
>> Slackware, one of the oldest Linux distributions, has released their
>> newest stable version. Slackware 11 spans 3 CDs and is available through
>> direct download, torrent, or purchase at the Slackware store
>> (http://store.slackware.com/cgi-bin/store).
>>
>> I've been using Slackware myself almost exclusively since 2002 and
>> highly recommend it for those who are experienced with linux or wish to
>> become linux administrators. It's not a dear and fluffy hand holding
>> system, it's a rock solid no nonsense in-your-face get the damned job
>> done or go home Linux that works.
>
> I have always thought/assumed that up-to-date Slackware would be splendid for
> those who picked it up many years ago and are simply most familar with it.

I started out on Mandrake and Redhat systems about seven years ago,
maybe eight, and tried Slackware and Debian about five years ago.
Slackware's stability and flexibilty was just as stunning as the switch
from Windows 2000 to Mandrake. It was quite like seeing some new,
beautiful animal, or the first time actually seeing a tiger feed.

--
I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody.  It doesn't generate revenue.
	-- Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux

http://www.websterscafe.com