[News] GNOME Boasts Tabbed File Management

Tabbed file manager for GNOME - PCManFM 0.3.2, a fast, lightweight, yet
featureful new choice.

,----[ Quote ]
| Nautilus is currently one of the greatest file manager on GNOME which
| is absolutely powerful. However, for people who have relatively limited
| system resource, or those who want to keep their desktop simpler and
| cleaner, is there any lightweight replacement? Besides, too many
| opened folders often make our desktop crowded, is there any possibility
| to get tabbed browsing interface in GNOME file managers? The anwser tot
| hese questions is yes.
`----

http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2774
http://pcmanfm.sourceforge.net/

There are tabbed shells and browsers as well; even editors with splits and
awareness of multiple workspaces. It's a shame that Windows users /still/
cannot understand the associated productivity gains.

Konqueror (KDE) has had tabs everywhere for quite a few years (including
files, kpdf, image management etc).