Re: [News] 64.4% of E-mail is SPAM (Thanks, Microsoft!)

Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Monday 02 October 2006 22:29 \__
>
>> Old spammers learn new tricks
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Spam Bot operations are increasing in particularly in South
>> | American countries where it is the favoured method of distributing
>> | bank trojans and phishing scams.
>> `----
>> <snip />
>
> Here is the link I mistakenly omitted (while duplicating another):
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34808

I've just been sat here laughing my arse off over this whole thread.

For my part, I don't run a relay and I /never/ see spam. Not since I
instigated a whitelist: links from my websites to mailto: are all flagged
in my mail client and moved to its own inbox. Mails from people I know are
moved to their own inboxes. When I sign up to newsletters etc, they get
redirected to their own inboxes as well. EVERYTHING else gets consigned to
the bitbucket when the client fetches new headers. OK, so there're some
false positives, but if it's important, that's why I have a phone number
and a Skype account as well.
--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,
   but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org
-*- Microsoft XP is like a box of chocolates. You never know when the steel
   bolts are going to spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks...
-*- We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
-*- Contemplating Knife -*-           Which end do the bullets go in again?
-*- I can't wait to get to heaven and meet seventy virgins - I've yet to
   meet *one* on *Earth*!
-*- For sale: one (1) Fender Phantom air guitar. Â500 ONO
-*- For sale: one (1) Italian WWII bolt-action rifle. .303cal, never fired,
   only dropped once. Offers.
-*- Hit every key to continue.
-*- "Thanks. What sort of candle is this?" "Um... Dee-nah-meetay. Must be
   Italian."
-*- That's it. No more coffee for *that* man!