Re: Computer Crashes - Isn't Windows A Crime?

  • Subject: Re: Computer Crashes - Isn't Windows A Crime?
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 2 Oct 2006 13:01:18 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Jerry McBride wrote:
> BearItAll wrote:
>
> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >
> >> Police lose crime files in computer crash
> >>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
> >>
> >> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34790v
> >
> > That was a weeks worth of data.
> >
> > The OS can't be held responsible for that, all systems can crash or
> > hardware go bad.
> >

> Only windows can do it with... "style"...

Where exactly does the article say that the computer was running
Windows?

> > That Police department's IT section is responsible for the data loss,
> > unless they have proceedures in place that the operators were too lazy to
> > use. (Sorry, lazy is nearly always the reason for backups being missing).
> >

> There it is...it's not the OS's fault, it's stupid windows users... Never a
> problem with Windows...

The article makes no mention of Windows, or what OS the computer was
running. It also doesn't say whether this was a hardware or software
failure. As usual, you're making up shit as you go along and talking
out of your ass.

> > What ever the case, MS can't be responsible for this one, the data should
> > have been on the mainframe and on the tapes by then.
>

> Yup, forget the fact that windows crashed and destroyed valuable data in the
> process... it was user error as usual.

Forget what fact? The only fact here is that you're totally clueless
and have no idea of what you're talking about. Perhaps you ought to
actually read the article and try to comprehend what it says before
opening your pie-hole and making an ass of yourself.