Re: [News] Busting Common Linux Myths

Roy Schestowitz :
> Myths about Linux
>
> ,----[ Myths/Fallacies/Lies/FUD ]
>| Myth 1: Linux is too hard to use for the novice user or Linux is difficult
>| to install!
>|
>| Myth 2: Linux has no technical support!
>|
>| Myth 3: Linux has limited hardware support!
>|
>| Myth 4: There is not much software available for Linux
>|
>| Myth 5: You cannot run Microsoft Windows programs or MacOSX programs on
>| Linux
> `----
>
> http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/09/10/myths-about-linux/

Heh, I recently installed a Linux box in a warehouse with a Citrix
server. It's kinda cool switching between Windows (ctrl-alt-f7) and
Linux (ctrl-alt-f8) whil another admin on a separate machine is looking
through the system to see how it works (TightVNC). All on _separate_
desktops, not interefering with eachothers work. It's just _cool_.

--
There's more than one way to skin a cat:
	Way number 27 -- Use an electric sander.

http://www.websterscafe.com