[News] Windows Could Enable Hacking of Next Election

Will The Next Election Be Hacked?

,----[ Quote ]
| Fresh disasters at the polls -- and new evidence from an industry insider
| -- prove that electronic voting machines can't be trusted
`----

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/11717105/robert_f_kennedy_jr__will_the_next_election_be_hacked/1

Diebold machines run Windows CE, but this could soon change.

E-Voting Raises New Questions in Brazil

,----[ Quote ]
| Fontoura confirmed that Brazil is considering a move away from
| crosoft's proprietary code -- "We are studying the possibility of using an
| open-source program like Linux in future elections. This would make the
| entire process much more transparent and far less expensive," he said.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060929/brazil_electronic_voting.html?.v=2

Hardware Hacking a Voting Machine in 4 Minutes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/05/160251&from=rss