Re: [News] Windows Could Enable Hacking of Next Election

__/ [ Rob Hughes ] on Monday 02 October 2006 14:19 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Hardware Hacking a Voting Machine in 4 Minutes
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | She has since demonstrated a successful penetration of the seals without
>> | breaking them ... all in under 4 minutes with no training or technical
>> | skills required.
>> `----
>>
>> http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/05/160251&from=rss
>
> I can't get upset about this one. One of the oldest tenets of compsec is
> that physical access equals all access. But I guess they could at least
> make it a challenge...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6129761

"Machines susciptible to viruses..."

Machines rebooted...

Machines wouldn't communicate...

Floppy disks to infect machines and memory cards... viruses spread

Security software that's two-generations old...

I am listening to this audeocast it as I write this.