Re: [News] Palm Gains Another Vendor Amidst Move to Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Xplore M98 could be a PalmOS best-seller mobile
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Multitasks!: despite biased remarks by WinMob fanboys with a hidden
>| agenda that often portray the Palm OS Garnet 5.4.x as one old piece of
>| junk good for nothing, both my NX80V Clie PDA and now also my Xplore
>| M98 smartphone can multitask just fine. And yes, I'm refering to some
>| Gartner "analysts" out there.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34784

Not a bad article, but it's particularly interesting to note, as per
your summary, that the days of "independent" analysts are coming to an
end.  When the mainstream technical press are taking the p*ss out of
them, then you know that nobody is taking them seriously any more.  One
of the most fascinating aspects of the net-based world, as opposed to
the paper and broadcasting world it's replacing, is that there is plenty
of opportunity for everyone to comment on propaganda, thus its
effectiveness can be reduced.  Obviously, though, organisations with
very large budgets can push a /lot/ of astroturfing for their position
(like MS did).

Emacs, n.:
	A slow-moving parody of a text editor.