Re: [News] RPM vs. DEB Differences/Anomalies Resolved

__/ [ yttrx ] on Monday 02 October 2006 01:43 \__

>> __/ [ yttrx ] on Monday 02 October 2006 01:26 \__

>>> Well, now you know.
>>>
>>> Actually, since Ubuntu is so goddamn complete, the only thing I've ever
>>> used
>>> it on is a news harvester called "glitter".  I ended up recompiling it
>>> anyhow with some handy flags that didnt exist in the rpm.
>>
>> apt-get glitter
>>
>> YUCK!
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glitter
>
> Pretty cool inside joke, eh?  Its a pretty good harvester, though
> klibido is better.

...Just looked it up:

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Office/News-Diary/Glitter-4003.shtml

I get a lot of material using wget, which is a handy and scriptable grabber.
Gary Glitter must have used some fork like kiddie-porn-get to fill his
hard-drive and get caught. What a repugnant man. I swear to you that my
mental image of Gary Stewart (flatfish) has been Gary Glitter ever since
Mark had revealed his real name. I guess that the name Gary, in general,
connates with Glitter in my mind. Maybe because it allitrates...