Re: Advanced trash bin

  • Subject: Re: Advanced trash bin
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:33:13 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ paolopantaleo@xxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 15:15 \__

> Hi,
>
> does an advanced trash application exist for kde? I mainly want
> something to automatically removes files (permanetly deletes) from
> trash to prevent it getting to big.
>
> It nothing like that exists I want to write a small application in
> Python, or maybe modify the tskbar applet.
>
> Greetings
> PAolo

How about a simple cron job such as (assuming older versions of KDE with
default path):

0 0 * * 2 rm -rf ~[your_username]/Desktop/Trash

This does the purging every Tuesday. There is a more symbolic location in
recent versions of KDE.

For various nice extensions and scripts I suggest you see kde-files.org. A
nice script would have some threshold (time/volume/other) be exceeded before
purging is done.