Re: [News] Menus Innovation in Linux

Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of micoshaft:

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:26:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> KDE 4 menu development
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The main goals of Raptor are clear: to provide a high quality menu
>>| everyone will like. This includes an intelligent "My Favourite" section
>>| (intelligent means really intelligent and not the stuff available
>>| today), a skin supported menu (png or svg, colour, layout), fancy
>>| effects ("rain in the menu", whatever that means) and of course
>>| searching of all entries - at the moment implemented with strigi (which
>>| was mentioned pretty often at akademy - hope it gets even more boost!).
>> `----
>>
>> http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2006/09/30/kde-4-menu-development/
>
> Indeed.  I've seen some screen shots of what they're working on, and I am
> impressed, although much of it appears to map with stuff that's being done
> in Vista from what i've seen (search in the K menu, drag & drop
> rearranging, multiple "views", etc..).  I do like it, though.  Not so
> crazy about the help integrated into the menu though, seems less than
> useful.

Since the source code is freely available, you are welcome to
do your own menu methodologies.
This you will agree is unlike other operating systems.
With those other freedom restricted operating systems you tried to
elevate against KDE4, it appears what you get is overall
less than what you pay for and no source code.