[News] Desktop Environment Debate Returns - Linux Wins in All Cases

The tenth birthday of KDE, as well as new KDE and GNOME
releases, recently spraked a DE flamewar.

Three reasons to use KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Efficiency: The fast desktop
|
| Internet: The network desktop
|
| Applications: The useful, powerful and fun desktop
`----

http://rudd-o.com/archives/2006/10/18/three-reasons-to-use-kde/

Three Reasons to Use GNOME

,----[ Quote ]
| 1) Momentum
|
| 2) Features
|
| 3) Applications
`----

http://www.xyzcomputing.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=816

Here is a new benchmark that involves xfce.

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1664

Also recently:

Desktop memory usage

,----[ Quote ]