[News] The Rise of Open Standards and System Architects

Perspective: The next information revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| This new kind of information flow without boundaries
| requires a technical infrastructure built on open
| standards--one that is designed to enable individuals
| as well as their distinct IT systems to all work together.
|
| [...]
|
| I believe the enterprise architect is pivotal to this
| industry transformation and will lead the next
| information revolution.
`----

http://news.com.com/2010-1013_3-6127292.html?part=rss&tag=6127292&subj=news

Reminds me of a recent argument in c.o.l.a. That is a Linux
vocation and proprietary technology will perish unless
it evolves.