[News] Another Major Delay: XP SP3 in 2008

No Windows XP Service Pack 3 Until... 2008!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft previously announced that the next service pack
| for its Windows XP operating system would be coming out in
| mid-2007. The date has now slipped back more than a year,
| and is now due in the first quarter of 2008.
`----

http://www.techsmessage.com/2006/10/19/no-xp-service-pack-3-until-2008/

Proof that the customer does not matter, as well as an attempt
to force an upgrade? No Linux distributer will descend to such
poor pattern of delays.

Also see:

Are Accurate Delivery Dates Too Much to Ask for?

,----[ Quote ]
| Heck, I wasn't even thinking at all. Rocks fall when
| you drop them; products ship anywhere from two to eight
| weeks after they're "available" and one to two years,
| in the case of Microsoft, after their first delivery
| date has been promised.

Add the vapourware factor.

Add the customer abandonment factor.

IE 7 vs. Firefox 2.0: Why This Browser Battle
Matters To Businesses

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=193302940