[News] Another Major Delay: XP SP3 in 2008

No Windows XP Service Pack 3 Until... 2008!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft previously announced that the next service pack
| for its Windows XP operating system would be coming out in
| mid-2007. The date has now slipped back more than a year,
| and is now due in the first quarter of 2008.

Proof that the customer does not matter, as well as an attempt
to force an upgrade? No Linux distributer will descend to such
poor pattern of delays.

Also see:

Are Accurate Delivery Dates Too Much to Ask for?

,----[ Quote ]
| Heck, I wasn't even thinking at all. Rocks fall when
| you drop them; products ship anywhere from two to eight
| weeks after they're "available" and one to two years,
| in the case of Microsoft, after their first delivery
| date has been promised.

Add the vapourware factor.

Add the customer abandonment factor.

IE 7 vs. Firefox 2.0: Why This Browser Battle
Matters To Businesses

,----[ Quote ]