[News] IE7 Buggy Upon Arrival

I saw that mentioned in a modified subject line of a
sub-thread (I can't really follow c.o.l.a. while using
G2). Regardless:

Information disclosure bug blights IE7 release

,----[ Quote ]
| The flaw stems from error in the handling of redirections
| for URLs with the "mhtml:" URI handler. Security
| notification firm Secunia reports that the same bug
| was discovered six months ago in IE6 but remains unresolved.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/19/ie7_first_bug/

It's also not ready in terms of standard:

CLARION CALL: IE 7 Not Ready For Prime Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Either leave your dog at home, or make sure it's trained better
| before inviting it into my house to make a mess on my carpet.
`----

http://saunderslog.com/2006/10/18/clarion-call-ie-7-not-ready-for-prime-time/

...Or basic security.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6034054.html?part=rss&tag=6034054&sub...

,----[ Quote ]
| "But browser testers may already be at risk, according to security
| researcher Tom Ferris. Late Tuesday, Ferris released details of a potential
| security flaw in IE 7. An attacker could exploit the flaw by crafting a
| special Web page that could be used to crash the browser or gain complete
| control of a vulnerable system, Ferris said in an advisory on his Web site.
| Microsoft had no immediate comment on Ferris' alert."
`----

What is this thing people call Internet Explorer anyway? I hear it's
used a lot, but it tends to flicker, pop, crash and leak out
sensitive user data. It also does not support CSS properly.