[News] French Government Gives Linux to 5,000 Students

Free Ubuntu laptops for French students

,----[ Quote ]
| Five thousand French students now have laptops running
| Ubuntu, thanks to a local government initiative.
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/597
http://linuxfr.org/2006/10/16/21479.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this was motivated by logic rather
than emotion. I spoke to my mo a couple of hours ago and her PC
is infested with malware (just the usual, since this happens time after
time). Her solution? Buy a new computer that's stronger. *sigh* I
told her that her PC is spewing out SPAM, exposes her data, etc.