Re: [News] 64-bit Linux Beats 64-bit Windows

  • Subject: Re: [News] 64-bit Linux Beats 64-bit Windows
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:39:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> Why There is Better Driver Support in 64-bit
> Linux Than 64-bit Windows XP
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In the free world of Linux I have a working, usable, fast
>| and stable 64-bit operating system. In the secret world of
>| Microsoft I will have to return to using the 32-bit version.
>| But the question is will I? I think I will stick with Linux.
>| It looks like I need to go back on my hands and knees and beg
>| forgiveness from my SUSE 10.1 system for every doubting it
>| and for my unfaithful fling with Microsoft.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-10-17-031-26-RV-HE-MS

It's been noted here many many times that Linux's driver support is well
ahead of that of Windows, indeed, Windows only really supports one
platform (okay, Wince supports a /different/ platform, but that's not
the same thing!).

consultant, n.:
	Someone who knowns 101 ways to make love, but can't get a date.