Re: [News] Top-tier Laptop Has Linux Preinstalled

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:37:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> First top-tier thin client notebook runs Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Neoware will begin sampling a Linux-based thin client notebook
>>| next month. Unlike traditional notebooks, The m100 has no local
>>| data storage, and hence does not place sensitive data at risk of
>>| being lost or stolen, according to the company.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5810875573.html
>>

>> In related news, Mac sales are seen rising...
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061017/tc_nm/apple_preview_dc
>
> "The m100 will initially sample in October, with Windows XP Embedded."

I went to an embedded show recently.
Anything touched by windopes is 100 pounds and up because
of licensing fees.
Anything that can run Open Source is below 30 pounds.
Needless to say, I skipped attending the micoshaft corp product stand.
I would be just wasting my time.
Instead I bought an Open Source development kit.