Re: [News] Power to the OEM, Choice Inexistent, Resistance is Futile

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 16 October 2006 21:11 \__

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2030003,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532
>> http://tinyurl.com/ydqgog
>
> Quite right - this is precisely their business model.  Make a monopoly,
> then create artificial scarcity, then line your trousers with cash.
> This is precisely how capitalism does /not/ work in the idealised
> economic models...

Well, that's not capitalism. That's just totality. It's like a regime that
runs over resistance with 10-ton tanks and makes opposition perish as soon
as it emerges.

While we're at it, get a load of /this/...

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/index.php?p=158

        Get facts, not spin, about Vista?s new license

"Which set of facts do you want to believe? You could rely on Microsoft's
documentation as published over the past five years, or you could rely on a
single product manager's bald assertion, printed without any further
fact-checking by an online pundit who doesn't provide links to any
additional information and just says, "Trust me."

If you choose the latter, do me a favor: Can you let us all know which
provisions of the new license are vague and need clarification? I suppose we
could wait until Paul talks to another Microsoft product manager in 2011 and
tells us that everything we read for the previous five years was wrong. But
it would be much more convenient to find out now."

Very long, but worth a read. It's one giant circular trap... with a spin (pun
wasn't intended).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz     | No Makefile, no business
Cpu(s):  23.3% user,   3.0% system,   0.9% nice,  72.8% idle