Re: what's with al the oneliners, ewic ..

  • Subject: Re: what's with al the oneliners, ewic ..
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:47:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
Roy Culley <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<ojail56h9wdk.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> 	Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:56:00 +0100, Doug Mentohl wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:39:44 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>> What's with all the trespassing on illegal proxies, Doug?
>
> What are 'illegal proxies' Erik? What do you mean by trespassing?  How
> come you've never mentioned it when flatfish posts via open proxies?
>
> Just how silly can you be Erik? We know you are a liar and lack any
> ethical values. I never thought you were stupid. Seems I was wrong.

I presume that as things get worse and worse for the astroturfer's
employer, then we'll see their behaviour continue to deteriorate in this
way.  Roy S's postings have, I think, served to bring home just how far
things have moved in the last 10 years.  Once upon a time, there was
Linux Today, Linux Gazette and Linux Weekly News.  The fact that a
weekly could be so popular shows how thin things were then, by
comparison.

In the naughties, Linux and FOSS news is becoming common in mainstream
sites, and Roy's postings here have highlighted how steep the adoption
curve has become.  They're also serving to highlight how rapidly FOSS is
developing, as well as how rapidly things are falling for Linux's main
competition.  The unethical behaviour of Microsoft is mirrored 100% by
the activities of their astroturfers in this group.  As I've mentioned
elsewhere, you should expect some sociopathic tendencies from anyone
prepared to post off-topic, over and over, for years, in spite of it
being highlighted to them, so it should be no surprise that as the
Microsoft mother-ship continues to flounder, their behaviour will become
equally erratic and offensive.

Keep up the good work, Roy!

Of course you can't flap your arms and fly to the moon.  After a while you'd
run out of air to push against.