Re: COLA Stats 15 Oct 2006

begin  oe_protect.scr
Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On 2006-10-15, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
>> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 01:14:51 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> Toplist of Posters
>>>
>>>  Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
>>>    1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     392  509029    22%
>>>    2. Hadron Quark - IMBECILE                          232  294931    68%
>>>    3. flatfish - TROLL / THIEF / LIAR / RACIST         191  221061    74%
>>>    4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxx>                       143  115930    62%
>>>    5. Ewik 'the Weasel' Funkenbusch [4]                118  174861    74%
>>>    6. DooFuS - LIAR / WINTROLL / RACIST                 82   59135    51%
>>>    7. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         81   88138    80%
>>>    8. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      80   96281    70%
>>>    9. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     74  126139    69%
>>>   10. Oliver Wong - MS Apologist                        69  136646    43%
>>>   11. Tim 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                  66   57458    32%
>>>   12. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   54  127541    54%
>>
>> Gee.. 8 of the top 12 are Windows advocates.  Yes, Roy is doing a lot to
>> reduce the clutter in this newsgroup isn't he?  In fact, he's encouraging
>> more.
>
> I agree.
>
> The problem is that one person can't be expected to do it alone. So I
> vote all advocates try to step up to the plate. If the rest of us can
> manage 3 posts per day, the Windummies won't be able to get a word in
> edgewise.
>
> Well, except for the Ewikisms that have been following Roy everywhere.

Erik's clearly got some game going here - he even states that he's a
"Windows Advocate", even though he knows this is a linux group - this is
almost beyond belief.  I have no idea why /anyone/ bothers to give Erik
the time of day.  As he's now taken to stalking Roy S, perhaps some of
the on-topic posters will consider the cold-shoulder for Erik?

We should not be encouraging off-topic/spammers like Erik, Hadron,
Flatty, and so on.

Of course you can't flap your arms and fly to the moon.  After a while you'd
run out of air to push against.