Re: [News] CEO Speaks Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> CEO Vision of Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Mainframes yielded to client/server, which in turn was replaced by the
> | Web as the dominant computing paradigm. I believe Linux and Open Source
> | more broadly represent a similar game-changing force.
> `----
>
> http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/284235_p.htm

Open Source is just a commoditization of the "boring" stuff.

Open Source says "anyone can do this" so why extract a licensing fee.

Open Source says "the real innovation is what you can built on top of"
Operating Systems, Media, Web, and so on.

The paradigm of Open Source was really promoted by HTML, where clicking the

Texeme Construct
http://texeme.com