Re: Manager Swaps Aimed at Saving Windows

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 14 October 2006 00:09 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <1160780646.626981.315300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> You might want to take a look at "Blue Pill".  The prototype was
>> Vista,x64 but according to the above Black Hat:
>>
>> <Quote>
>> Rutkowska stressed that the Blue Pill technology does not rely on
>> any bug of the underlying operating system. "I have implemented a
>> working prototype for Vista x64, but I see no reasons why it should
>> not be possible to port it to other operating systems, like Linux or
>> BSD which can be run on x64 platform," she added.
>>
>> This is one that maybe the Linux people should be worried about as
>> well.
>
> And I'm sure they will. I read about Blue Pill a couple of months or
> more ago but little has been mentioned of it since. Is it a viable
> attack vector or not?

I can only see Windows mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_pill_%28malware%29

The last time I heard about a 'flaw' that compromised Apple's OS X and
GNU/Linux it was "a joke" (Firefox FUD). It seems like trolling
(hypothetical) which intensifies the magnitude of the issue and attracts
media attention.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz - serving the Web for 9^-1000 millenia
Swap:  1036184k total,   551312k used,   484872k free,    32752k cached