Re: [News] Microsoft Already Works on XP SP4 (AKA Vista SP1)

> Microsoft puts the post-Vista wheels in motion
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Windows Vista is not fully baked, but that doesn't mean senior
> management
> | isn't already thinking about "Vista+1" as they like to call the next
> | Windows client release...
> `----

    Wait, I don't get it... Is this XP SP4, Vista SP1, or Vista+1? Can you
clarify this, Roy? Your headlines are confusing me. I can't tell which names
are your invention, and which are the proper names that Microsoft decided
on.

> This name may be an implication that Vista is not satisfactory [1], as
> judged
> by Microsoft's own eyes.

    That's not what it implies to me. Software development houses tend to
think a few versions ahead. Eclipse 3.3 was being planned while 3.2 was
still in release candidate stage. Sun is accepting proposals for feature
requests in Java 1.7, although 1.6 has not yet been released. Sony is
already working on the PS4, and the PS3 isn't out yet.

> What surprises me is that they still neglect
> Singularity and ignore the need to rewrite [2,3].

    What makes you believe they are neglecting Singularity?

    - Oliver