Re: [News] Hans Reiser arrested on suspision of Murder.

  • Subject: Re: [News] Hans Reiser arrested on suspision of Murder.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:58:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:43 \__

> Karen Hill wrote:
>> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/10/BAGERLM3RR15.DTL
>>

> Good thing reiserfs is open source so work can continue on it during his
> incarceration/manhunt.

Here are some links I came across.

http://www.ninareiser.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Reiser

...Better be careful making any accusations prematurely. And for what it's
worth, work on ReiserFS resumes (lots to be done). Renaming is not an issue
owing to forks (recently it was IceWQeasel and Beryl). It would be a shame
to throw away all that work (much of it contributed by Russian programmers
who worked for Hand), but equally a shame to glorify someone with a
self-named product if things remain as they stand.

I continue to wonder if Novell's announcement which highlighted deficiencies
in ResierFS was just a strategic move (playing safe). That's also the way
people get sacked. "It's not you, it's me (or your code)"...