Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

  • Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:47:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ peterwn ] on Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:35 \__

> tjb wrote:
>> I wrote:
>> > I don't want to have to killfile all of your news posts, because I want
>> > to read *some* of them.
>>
>> Just to add that he does post some really good ones.  This is why I'm so
>> hesitant on killfiling here.  The problem is the sheer quantity of the
>> posts.
>
> I do not see any problem. Now if you want to see 'blanket' postings
> that are a real pain, take a look at uk.legal (and possibly oher ones).
>  There is some nutter who posts 30 at a time and he leaves gaps etc in
> header words to bypass killfiles.  He thinks the British MI5 is after
> him.
>
> Roy's postings are very mild by comparison and he does not try and
> evade killfiles.

*LOL*

I guess I am not the only person who has given uk.legal a try only to find
that it's a lost cause because of trolls (I keep retrying every now and
then). There's also uk.philosphy.humanism; apart from nice posts from Peter
and Lance, it is regularly flooded by full-length article from
AntiMulticulture. These are not tagged and they are heavily corssposted,
which makes filtering hard.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Tasks: 134 total,   2 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie