Re: Windows-based Voting Machines Had "Screen-freeze" Problems for Years

[snips]

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:54:22 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> Without information that we don't have from the story, it is simply not
> possible to say where the fault was, and so trying to blame it on
> Microsoft is at best premature, and at worst harmful, as it might shift
> blame away from Diebold.

Hmm.  Interesting stuff one can dig up.  For example...

http://www.verifiedvotingfoundation.org/article.php?id=6257
"Nineteen machines had 21 screen freezes or system crashes, producing a
blue screen and messages about an "illegal operation" or a "fatal
exception error."

"Especially with this blue-screen problem, you don't know whether it's
the printer drivers, you don't know whether it's Diebold's own code or
whether it's Windows,"

Same time period?  Not sure.  Just noted that Diebold does, in fact, have
problems, and yes, Windows is involved - whether it is the culprit or not
is another matter.