Re: Windows-based Voting Machines Had "Screen-freeze" Problems for Years

  • Subject: Re: Windows-based Voting Machines Had "Screen-freeze" Problems for Years
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Oct 2006 07:36:05 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Diebold quietly repaired voting machines
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The unpredictable freezes don't cause votes to be lost, officials
> | said, but they confuse voters and election judges who sometimes
> | wonder whether votes cast on a frozen machine will be counted.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Diebold Election Systems quietly replaced flawed components in
> | several thousand Maryland voting machines in 2005 to fix a
> | "screen-freeze" problem the company had discovered three years
> | earlier, according to published reports Thursday.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061027/ap_on_hi_te/voting_machines
>

> Sounds like Windows' handling of motherboard interrupts.

Sounds more like you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

<hint>
---> Diebold Election Systems quietly replaced flawed components in...
</hint>

What part of "faulty hardware components" is too difficult to
understand?

> Reminds me of that infamous Windows bug where ...

Seems that everything in the world reminds you of some famous Windows
bug.