Re: Universities and Colleges Recognise and Promote OpenOffice

cc wrote:
JDS wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:00:09 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

Ah, you have some work to do, then...
I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, except, I guess, to imply that
*I* use Microsoft Windows to "get work done"

Except I don't.

I use Linux on my workstation.
I use Linux on my server(s).
I use Mac OS X on my laptop. (And dual boot Linux on the laptop, a black
Intel MacBook).
And I use OpenOffice for everything that could be done with MS Office.

and I get work done just fine.

I am lucky in that, although my institution as a whole is
Microsoft-centric, there is nothing in the way of policy that bars me from
using whatever computer system I am most happy with.

I thought he meant that you had some work to do in getting them to
convert to Linux. As in, go advocate or something.

That's the way I read it too.

Uh, Oh.   Another "Me Too" post.  Hope the Wintrolls don't see it.