Re: [News] Universities and Colleges Recognise and Promote OpenOffice

begin  oe_protect.scr
JDS <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:55:16 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> No, that wasn't what I meant at all.
>
> Ah! So!
>
> I understnad now.
>
> Well, in regard to Open Source Software, our University is changing, too.
> We are, for example, almost certainly going to move to Sakai instead of
> WebCT over the next two years.

The education software market has always looked like a prime area for
floss to expand.  Universities & colleges have always been rather less
conservative than businesses and governments when it comes to embracing
change, although they often share the governments' need to be
particularly cautious with cash.

Let us know how Sakai works out?

Never say you know a man until you have divided an inheritance with him.