Re: Windows-based Voting Machines Had "Screen-freeze" Problems for Years

"Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Diebold quietly repaired voting machines
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The unpredictable freezes don't cause votes to be lost, officials
>> | said, but they confuse voters and election judges who sometimes
>> | wonder whether votes cast on a frozen machine will be counted.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Diebold Election Systems quietly replaced flawed components in
>> | several thousand Maryland voting machines in 2005 to fix a
>> | "screen-freeze" problem the company had discovered three years
>> | earlier, according to published reports Thursday.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061027/ap_on_hi_te/voting_machines
>>

>> Sounds like Windows' handling of motherboard interrupts.
>
> Sounds more like you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
>
> <hint>
> ---> Diebold Election Systems quietly replaced flawed components in...
> </hint>
>
> What part of "faulty hardware components" is too difficult to
> understand?
>

>> Reminds me of that infamous Windows bug where ...
>
> Seems that everything in the world reminds you of some famous Windows
> bug.

That reminds me that Roy is a loony who almost never tells the truth in
his daily spam.

--
"What you end up with, after running an operating system concept through
these many marketing coffee filters, is something not unlike plain hot