[News] The Viral Marketing Campaign Begins

  • Subject: [News] The Viral Marketing Campaign Begins
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 24 Oct 2006 12:31:33 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Clearification just got a whole lot clearer

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been nearly two weeks since I first reported
| about Microsoft's viral marketing campaign for Windows
| Vista called Clearification. Back then, the relationship
| between the campaign and Windows Vista was extremely
| vague and confusing. But now, Clearification has just
| posted the second installment of the "Demetri Martin
| finds Clearification" videos. Everything is clearer
| now.
`----

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061023/clearification-ep2/

How long before Vista is shoved onto Oprah's favourites list (based on
something Softies have actually said)? A $900 million marketing budget
sure helps a lot. Also recall that "What if Microsoft designed the
iPod" video, which was secretly produced and spread by Microsoft's
marketing department. Some more examples below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

Viral marketing techniques are closely related to stealthy astroturfing
(Munchkins) and can be tied to SCO's court case, which revolves around
FUD and disinformation.