Re: Date Set for OLPC (Linux Laptops) Production

Hadron Quark wrote:
"John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

billwg wrote:

AT $100 each, that's some $30B to $50B worth, royboy! I don't think
that you rubes have that much coin!
Well, maybe the Gate$ Phoundation should fund the project...I mean, that's
what it's set up to do...right? I mean, it's not like it's aim is to
promote Windows marketshare at the expensive of sick, starving people,
right?

Why would the Gates foundation pay good money to give a lot of hungry kids portables with a wind up handle?

Pretty much the same reason they pay good money to give a lot of hungry kids a copy of windows XP.

Has the world gone stark raving bonkers??!?!?!?!?!?

It has if Gates thinks that a few high priced computers running XP will do more for literacy than thousands of laptops, wind up ones or not.

Unfortunately I think it might have done.

Must have, otherwise someone as dumb as you would have been put in a home by now.