Re: Web Still Discusses Choice: KDE vs. GNOME

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Well, there is no perfect DE... no ideal distro... no ultimate filesystem.
> One need to weigh the pros and cons of each. There are tradeoffs. Assuming
> that the one-size-fits-all approach works is, at best, wishful thinking. It
> simplifies production and maintenance, but it does /not/ work for the
> customer.

Yeah, as far as filesystems are concerned, it seems logical to me to
make ext3 the default.  As the user progresses in knowledge, onecan
then try other filesystem that suits the usre's needs best.  For
heavy-duty pounding that involve large directories consisting of many
small files, ReiserFS is the logical choice.  But for the user starting
out, ext3 is more than enough.  And ext3 should be enough for a lot of
things.  If problems are encountered, simply report them to the kernel
mailing list.  Seems logical.