Re: Wii online access is free

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ cc ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 21:10 \__
>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 20:59 \__

>>> Seen the following this morning...
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.jackenhack.com/blog/archives/2006/10/07/xbox-360-no-way/
>>>
>>> It's a blog I have been reading for the past two years. I'm surprise he
>>> even considered an XBox in the first place. His house is dominated by
>>> Linux and Apple products.
>>
>> Xbox Live has always been a montly fee. Like $5 or something cheap. A
>> montly fee won't deter most people.
>
> True. I suppose that some people just want to be notified when it comes to
> hidden/obscure charges. This reminds me of cellphones (with contracts) and
> printers that are sold dirt0cheap... for a reason!

Actually, a monthly fee does appear to deter most people.

I can't see any really up to date figures on my quick trawl, but in
2004/5, they were at about 15 million console sales, and about 3/4
million live subscribers.

Save yourself from the 'Gates' of hell, use Linux."  -- like that one.
	-- The_Kind @ LinuxNet