Re: Wii online access is free

__/ [ cc ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 21:10 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 20:59 \__
>>
>> > Sony's comparison chart, recently discussed here, implies that Wii's
>> > online access is only free for 6 months.  That's incorrect.  There is no
>> > time limit on how long it is free.
>>
>> Seen the following this morning...
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | So after reading up on Xbox 360, I just realized that you have
>> | to pay Microsoft a monthly fee to be able to play online for
>> | the games you spent a fortune on buying. Fuck that. I'm either
>> | going to sell the Xbox 360, or install a chip. Talk about f...ng
>> | ripoff!
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.jackenhack.com/blog/archives/2006/10/07/xbox-360-no-way/
>>
>> It's a blog I have been reading for the past two years. I'm surprise he
>> even considered an XBox in the first place. His house is dominated by
>> Linux and Apple products.
>
> Xbox Live has always been a montly fee. Like $5 or something cheap. A
> montly fee won't deter most people.

True. I suppose that some people just want to be notified when it comes to
hidden/obscure charges. This reminds me of cellphones (with contracts) and
printers that are sold dirt0cheap... for a reason!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
Cpu(s):  20.1% user,   2.7% system,   0.9% nice,  76.2% idle