Re: [News] Firefox Adopts JavaScript 1.7 for Cutting-edge Scripts, AJAX

  • Subject: Re: [News] Firefox Adopts JavaScript 1.7 for Cutting-edge Scripts, AJAX
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:24:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 16 October 2006 08:36 \__

http://www.betanews.com/article/Firefox_20_to_Feature_New_JavaScript_17/1160795703

> At least they're not being conned by the ECMA folks.  The great thing
> about open-source is that since it's open, it forms its own standard,
> free of the ambiguities of those written in English or in pseudo-code.

This relates to patents and IP. Remember that companies in the States patent
algorithms (Rex prefers "algorythms") that are a generic recipe rather than
code. They esentially protect /ideas/ instead of actual work.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
  1:20am  up 4 days 10:34,  8 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.54, 0.47