Re: [News] Eclipse Ecosystem Estimated to Have Exceeded One Billion Dollars

  • Subject: Re: [News] Eclipse Ecosystem Estimated to Have Exceeded One Billion Dollars
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:13:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Sunday 15 October 2006 19:52 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> There is a lot of FUD that makes PHP, Java and Eclipse appear
>> as though they don't get adopted.
>
> It's worse that that -- based on the general IT press, it's almost as if
> they don't exist!
>
> I mean, yes, there is the "Open Source" type columns of e-Week and so on,
> but those are ghettoized compared to the huge amounts of press that the
> unused and non-existant Vista gets, for example.
>
> Yet, day to day, in business and computing practice, I know these products
> are gaining ground and being used.
>
> In fact, my sense is that java really has pulled ahead of all the .NET type
> efforts from MS and that more companies will focus on it as the platform of
> choice for OOP.

I read something that argues the same points. It's almost as though *gasp*
Microsoft controls the press*. They come up with preposterous statements
claiming victory when, as a matter of fact, Vista itself is not using .Net.
East you own dogfood, Redmond...

Best wishes,

Roy

*Oh, wait a second...

 Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers
 $350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: penguins are the greatest birds
Swap:  1036184k total,   412284k used,   623900k free,   122380k cached