Re: PING: Big Bill

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 19:19 \__

>> If subject line contains PING and subject line not contains ROY then
>> bin. *smile*
>
> Aaawwww... then you bin my pings too :-(

That was hypothetical. *smile*

> I guess the whole Ping thing happens because one can't rely on email
> anymore those days, and older: one can't rely on email addresses on Usenet
> to be working ones.

Because of SPAM. And the vast majority of SPAM is sent from hijacked Windows
PC's, whose number rose considerably since that latest severe worm. But
let's not start and argument over this. *wink*

One thing I proposed over a year ago is correspondence through RSS feeds.
It's SPAM-free. I have communicated with family and friends using a Wiki
since March last year. SPAM-free. But these methods are not open to
communication with a previously unknown (untrusted) person. Yet, they mean
that E-mail becomes secondary and can be neglected, to an extent.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
Tasks: 140 total,   2 running, 137 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie