Re: HIGHWAY ROBBERY BY MICROSOFT

  • Subject: Re: HIGHWAY ROBBERY BY MICROSOFT
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:20:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ fakir005 ] on Saturday 09 September 2006 20:08 \__

> Bill Gates has been very very very envious of the Google founders ever
> since Google went public a few years ago because the high prices set by
> google for its shares immediately quadrupled and stayed there inspite
> of the pessissisism of the people.
>
> So Microsoft had to do something to create this kind of levitation for
> its shares. So it created a new version for its operating system that
> has already seen more than dozen version since the creation of the
> first version (DOS)  to power the personal computers to deal a death
> blow to the main frame that was in use before the
>
> According to an Article, in a Newspaper (Hindu) published in South
> India, by John Naughton
> (I don't know why the man choose to write the article in an Indian
> paper when the microsoft prices are meant to rob the Americans,
> Microsoft is going to charge the American customers:
>
> $199 for the Vista Home version  to $399 for Vista Ultimate version
> with prices as high 299 for other Vista versions.   I don't see the end
> of Microsoft Monolith. But the creation of a new unneeded Monolith. For
> one thing there can never be a new level of security whether you use
> vista or windows. The lack of security has nothing to do with the
> vulnerabilities of Windows or of the Browser. It has to do with the web
> infrastructure consisting of the roles assigned to the servers, clients
> and the unecessary insertion CGI between the two.
>
> Is Microsoft going to develop a new Operating System every two years.
> First there was an operating system (DOS) that was replaced by several
> versions of windows the last of which was XP version and now there is
> the first version of vista  for which people have to fork over $399.

Vista /is/ XP. Or XP++. Or Service Pack III. And the cost of Vista may easily
exceed its price tag as the hardware requirement are extremely high, and yet
they are not justifies by the added value. Suddenly, even that wreck called
XP seems like a better deal. But people still suffer from Microsoft's fight
against the /visibility/ of Linux. And people get Windows (whichever version
is offered) from the OEM. And buying Windows just because it there is like
shitting your pants because that's where you asshole happens to be.