[News] Konqueror is an Innovative 'Killer' Application for Linux

The Linux killer app: KDE's Konqueror

,----[ Snippet ]
| One of the unique features of Konqueror that really is amazing is
| it's ability to do split screen browsing. Right click on the status bar
| on the bottom of the screen and you get a menu allowing you to split the
| screen either horizontally or vertically.
|
| This isn't just a "gee whiz" feature. It's actually very useful. Take
| shopping on line, for instance. My wife is very jealous of this
| feature. :-)
|
| Take a look at the following screen shot, which shows me looking at
| two different tents and comparing their specs side by side.
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT4753761802.html

Shame for proprietary platforms. No Mac or Windows version, unless you go
through the trouble of installing KDE, which is hard.

Firefox has the advantage of having a /large/ community that generates
plugins. This will probably kill Internet Explorer, Opera and it is already
killing Safari (KHTML), in terms of usage.