Re: [News] The Linux-based MythTV Puts Windows Media Centre Edition to Shame

  • Subject: Re: [News] The Linux-based MythTV Puts Windows Media Centre Edition to Shame
  • From: Chris Wilkinson <blobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 16:25:23 +1000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hi there,

flatfish+++ wrote:
On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:23:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

MythTV Unifies Personal Video Recording And Home Theatre Technology

Wasn't BEOS supposed to do all that?
Let's see where MythTV is in a year.
Probably in the same place BEOS is now.

Nonsense. MythTV is actively developed, and has some very healthy user forums and mailing lists. Once installed it provides a great PVR platform. Installing from scratch is non-trivial, but you can get distros that install Myth by default. other distros have done a reasonable job of packaging it using rpm or deb

I take it you've never used it? Don't knock it until you've tried
it. I was sceptical, and had a few difficulties installing on SUSE
10.1, but once installed those small misgivings were quickly and
soundly forgotten.

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
spamblocker, and replace it with  t p g <dot> c o m <dot> a u