Re: [OT] new amarok-like music jukebox for gnome!!

  • Subject: Re: [OT] new amarok-like music jukebox for gnome!!
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:00:03 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flatfish+++
<flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:56:05 -0400
<TvfMg.530$AY4.359@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:49:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> even xmsss has plugin from florian to xfadd, just need gcc >:|
>
> Geekspeak at it's finest.

I for one would have to agree, although one could make
the same comment about REGEDT32, for those few who use it.
(I can, though not often.)

I have to agree also with Steve Woz -- or was it Jobs? --
in which a computer should be as simple to use as a
toaster, and Windows Vista, presumably, will make it
that simple.

Presumably.

I think Linux has a better shot at it, if we can get past
the geekiness.  :-)  Of course, Linux by itself won't do
much -- in fact, it will panic (assuming it can even boot),
without /sbin/init or /bin/sh.  But that's a technical
detail; with proper design a Linux+X+KDE or Linux+X+Gnome
system with totally open standards will at least make it
possible for a computer system that can just plug into
the Internet wall jack without worry or hassle.

But we're not quite there yet, mostly because a lot of
the world still depends on things such as Frontpage,
proprietary video codecs, and Microsoft fonts.

Perhaps we just make them standard and be done with it.

Perhaps.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.