Re: [News] Microsoft's Tactics Drive Loyal Windows User to Linux

> Without a doubt, the activity of the Funkenbusch has declined an order of
> magnitude since I first subscribed to this NG.

You know, I've seen a few Windows fans become Linux advocates that way.
They start out ripping on Linux, but the more they learn about it during
the arguments, the more they become secretly or subconsciously intrigued.
They eventually try it (perhaps telling themselves that it will help
them better criticize it).

They begin to have a grudging respect for it.  They still defend windows
and occasionally rip on Linux, but it begins to taper off.  Their heart
is no longer in it.  Then they discover some cool thing about Linux
that they had not realized.  They find some app they hadn't heard about.
They feel that sense of pride when they customize their system in some
clever or unique way.

They've caught the bug.  They understand the feeling.  Its like the
difference between driving the sports car you own compared to the rental
you don't.  No need to keep shelling out to keep using it... you own it.
It's yours to customize, yours to upgrade or not as you see fit.

It's not Windows.  It's different.  Like anything, it has its good
points and bad points.  The thing is, they now understand what those
are.  They understand... and they've joined us.

;)

Thad